Monday, September 8, 2008

Presentation Day (Monday)

Today I felt like slitting my throat (or jump out of a 100 floor building). When I finished with my presentation, down came a tumble of rocks. After I presented, discussion was held and it did not go as 'ok' as I thought it would be. A lot of matters I thought of that could work, or may work along the weeks ahead of me, does not! The idea's, statement, thought, ETC, does not cut the cake, either. Most of everything I'd thought could come to surface is now sinking, sinking, sinking...(is it the 6th week already!!?) The real problem lies in the technical part;

Where a spy-cam (placed on me) is used to capture a person's smile automatically. Which it needs to be programmed to do the work. To do the work, it is very, very, very (did I say very?), very technical. There is a need to place dots on a persons face so the program/camera can understand that a smile has been expressed. When it is expressed, it recognizes the smile, then takes a snap-shop of it. My motive is that I will be out in public, walking here there anywhere, eg, Lasalle. To capture/collect smiles unaware-ing-ly when someone comes close to me or talks to me, if that person smiles, the program/camera will take the snap-shot. Does this mean that this random person has to wear dots? Or could I invent a magical spy-cam that could capture a persons smile without the necessity of dots. (I think I am making pigs fly!) Even if I do, it is very, very (did I say very?), very technical. If I have to cheat (oops), I can become the program itself. When 'someone' is talking to me close/far enough to see a smile, I will take the snap-shot myself with a button. (Did I mention that the spy cam must be HIDDEN, someway. So that 'someone' must be unaware of what I am doing.) Think that's an issue? There's more;

Clashes of the outcome on how it is going to look like ain't working either dude... (about to jump off the building, don't look!) When all the smiling photo's has been taken by my encounter, e.g, 50 students. It is displayed in a gallery space on a wall or a board. The discussion has occurred to me that (gratefully), what happens to the people who I've come to meet? My intention is to make the unaware smile to awareness. Since the photo is taken unaware-ing-ly, where has the people gone to? Where are they? How are they going to figure out about this project? (Do yo'll get my drift!!!?)

On the other hand, (yes, something positive!!Yey! ) I am deep-ing-ly appreciate-ing-ly the time and much effort for our lectures (Andreas and Teresa)............(ok, and Rashid, cannooot forget him!) has put in to assist me and the rest of the students to make our project a better project. Pointing out what is needed to blaa-ed at to help us 'make it work'. Strolling under the same amount of strain with the rest of the class. Although we tend to, or try to run away from class. Most importantly, motivated our thoughts, keep our imagination and ideas going. Salute!

Monday, making it a blood-draining week to start off, will continue. Although I still like my 'This Life is One Big Smile' project (enjoying my process), I will find a way to make it work. Much much, much is respected to them. I won't let my lectures down, especially me (Awwwww.....)!

(No, I didn't jump off the 100th floor! You crazy!)

No comments: